August 01, 2017

Chris Combs: crowdfunding campaign for new solo album "COMBSY"

Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey guitarist Chris Combs has launched a Kickstarter campaign to cover the costs of recording his first solo album COMBSY:

I've spent the last 10 years writing, touring, and recording with a variety of artists and I'm excited to finally be finishing up my first "solo" record. Since joining Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey in 2008, I have spent my life completely immersed in music. I've experienced the ups and downs of life on the road, met some fantastic people, and gotten the opportunity to work with some of my biggest heroes. Over the last few years I've been involved with a variety of Tulsa-based projects including Booomclap, Gogo Plumbay, Stone Trio, Mike Dee, Archer Trio, Pilgrim, Verse & the Vapors and Chris Blevins while working remotely on studio projects with artists from all over the country. This new COMBSY record/concept is the most honest and personal thing I've ever done and I'm super proud of how it has turned out.

The recording process started back in Oct 2016 at Fellowship Hall Sound in Little Rock, AR. Andrew Bones (drums, vibes), Aaron Boehler (bass) and I tracked live to 2-inch tape with engineer Jason Weinheimer. I then took those tracks down to New Orleans to record horns. I was lucky enough to assemble an incredible horn section comprised of Brad Walker (sax, Sturgill Simpson), Dan Oestreicher (sax, Trombone Shorty), and Carly Meyers (trombone, Roar) and record at the fantastic Marigny Studios with Rick G. Nelson.

He aims to raise $12,000 ($3,568 pledged so far, with 10 days to go). Watch a solo guitar version of Joshua Tree.

» Chris Combs on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment