Ded Mel 25, the new song from post-rock noise experimentalists moyamoya, is a two-faced composition. It starts (and ends) as a slow moving meandering excursion with a towering loud segment smack in the middle of the song. Obviously there is some trouble in paradise.
The remix created Navigateur (nom-de-plume of electronica musician Carlos R. Andujar) is a far more sunny take on the track and lacks the darkness of the original.Live dates:
- 09/09 Brunswick, GA @ HBGB
- 09/10 Aavannah, GA @ The Wormhole
- 09/12 Charleston, SC @ Tin Roof
- 09/13 Augusta, GA @ Grantski Records
- 09/14 Atlanta, GA @ 529
- 09/15 Carrboro, NC @ the Station
- 09/16 Gastonia, NC @ Zoe’s
- 09/17 Charlotte, NC @ house show
HCTF review of moyamoya.