June 09, 2016

Prints Jackson: The Weather Girl

UK pop artist Prints Jackson has a crush on The Weather Girl, episode 28 of his "one new song each month till the day I die" project. It's his first foray into acoustic folk. That's a good choice - the rather nifty wordplay gets the attention it deserves:

The weather girl says our forecast is bright
but the weathered girl brings me frost overnight
and if the air is rising up to a front that’s cold and sheer
then may the morning bring it’s lightning rods to pop this atmosphere
and oh my love cant spend all my life thinking
something’s wrong does this seem all right?
I don’t know what it means in Fahrenheit.

The Weather Girl is a self-released single. Buy it (pay-what-you-want) from his website.

» printsjackson.com

HCTF review of Open the Sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment