Sensuous surf garage from Minneapolis. Murder Shoes' new self-titled EP is the perfect soundtrack for a late night drive through unlit highways, a trip where the shadows may be hiding danger and monsters. Backed by a rumbling freight train back beat and a call-and-response two men guitar front line lead singer Tess Weinberg sounds like the darker (and cooler) sister of Tanya Donelly and Karen O.
Drenched in reverb the Murder Shoes EP is a throwback to the heyday of surf noir, a genre that never got big but has been kept alive and well by a fervent inner circle. An enterprising soul with good ears should offer them a vinyl release.
Tess Weinberg: vocals, keyboards
Derek Van Gieson: guitar
Chris White: guitar, vocals
Elliot Manthey: drums
Tim Heinlein: bass
- Charlotte Manning
- Maybe You Can
- Under the Sea
- Sea a Little Louder
- In Your Bed Or On a Train
- 05/03 The Red Stag Supperclub, Minneapolis, MN (EP Release Show)
- 05/08 the Nomad, Minneapolis, MN (w/ Suzie)
- 05/25 Kitty Cat Klub, Minneapolis, MN (w/ Strolyette)
- 05/26 Triple Rock, Minneapolis, MN (w/ Autumn Kid, Ego Death)