Lo-fi shoegaze rock trio Broken Water have chosen a dense overall sound for their new album Wrought. All three band members can handle lead vocals, but all of them have quite a bit of trouble to rise above the fuzz heavy music, a mix of the Cure, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Primitives and The Replacements.
Producer Steve Fisk, whose resume contains big names like Nirvana and Beat Happening, must have fell asleep at the mixing desk, squeezing all air of the tracks. The material is strong enough to leave a lasting impression, but they should consider taking their master tapes somewhere else and getting it right.
Wrought is released thru Night-People Records. Release date: March 24th.Tracks:
- High - Lo
- Psycho Static
- Love And Poverty
- Set Free
- 03/18 Portland, OR @ The Know
- 03/19 Davis, CA @ Third Space Art Collective
- 03/20 Oakland, CA @ 1-2-3-4 Go! Records
- 03/21 San Francisco, CA @ Thee Parkside
- 03/22 Los Angeles, CA @ The Echo
- 03/25 San Diego, CA @ The Hideout
- 03/26 Tempe, AZ @ 51west
- 03/27 Las Vegas, NV @ Beauty Bar
- 03/28 Reno, NV @ The Holland Project