Atlanta, GA indie folk collective The Good Graces has only one permanent member: lead singer and guitarist Kim Ware. For her new album Close to the Sun she called in a few favours from her friends to help her out, but it's first and foremost her vision on dreamy folk rock with an edge.
Ware can switches moods at drop of a beat. She isn't afraid to speak up - the college rock anthem Standing in Line, is perfectly capable of channeling a Johnny Cash meets spaghetti Western (Parts > Sum) can be surprisingly gentle (I Don't Know Where to Start and Cold in California). Recommended if you like Belly, Throwing Muses and Amy Correia.
- I Don't Know Where to Start
- Cold in California
- My Own Grace
- Under the Weather
- Something So Beautiful
- A Gain, Again
- Curb Appeal
- Standing in Line
- Parts > Sum
- Before You Go
- 11/05 Tommy's Pub, harlotte NC (w/ Jphono1)
- 11/06 (TBD), Asheville NC (w/ Jphono1)
- 11/07 Drip Coffee, Columbia SC (w/ Jphono1)
- 11/21 Steve's Live Music (vinyl release show), Sandy Springs GA (w/ Tracy Shedd)