Armchair Committee are a rock trio from Bristol. Taking cues from the early Nineties grunge, they go for a loud and dirty sound in the lead single Boxcutter, a track form their forthcoming debut EP Imola. Don't let that fool you. They also have surprisingly gentle song about a pain killer, Codeine (A Plan of Sorts). The instrumental To Arms stands out with a great guitar vignette played over an ice dry drum beat. The album closes with Imola, a post-rock song that can go places when played live.
Tom Hackwell: guitar, vocals
Dave Larkin: bass, vocals
Dan Frost: drums, vocals
Imola is a self-released EP. Limited edition of 100 hand-made, individually numbered CD's. Release date: May 13.
- Codeine (A Plan of Sorts)
- To Arms
- 05/03 Porter Cellar Bar,Bath, UK (w/ The Clunks, The High Commisioners, Darlingtons, and more…)
- 05/06 The Portland Arms, Cambridge
- 05/07 Nambucca, London
- 05/08 TBD, Manchester
- 05/09 Crown Inn, Reading,
- 05/10 Sound Music Venue, Cheltenham, UK (w/ Old Colours)
- 05/11 The Lanes, Bristol, Bristol (CD release party)
- 05/30 The Old Blue Last, London
- 07/10 The Dublin Castle, London