Olga and Johannes Taal are Trip to Dover, a Dutch electronic rock duo whose tastes are meeting halfway: hard rock and Eighties synth pop. They name the Foo Figthers and Moby as their influences, a heady mix that brings back the heyday of bands like Propaganda and Roxette. Olga has a voice to match the sound of her Gibson guitar, while Johannes plays up a storm on keyboards.
They are first and foremost a live band (with an added bass player and drummer), playing shows in the UK, the USA and Germany before setting their sights on their native country. The 5-track EP Vegas & Berlin is now finally released in The Netherlands. Energetic power rock that should take them to bigger venues in the near future.
Vegas & Berlin is a self-released EP. Buy it from the band's website.Tracks:
- Where was I
- Be Juliet
- Bitter or Better
- The Wait
- 03/09 JAM, Moringen, Germany
- 05/08 Road to GraauwRock 2013, Graauw, The Netherlands
- 05/10 The South Sea, Sheffield, UK
- 05/11 The Cockpit, Leeds, UK
- 05/12 Vintage Rock Bar, Doncaster, UK
- 05/13 The Retro Bar, Manchester, UK
- 05/16 Bar 12, Baildon, UK
- 05/17 TexMex, Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
- 06/15 Slezka Lilie Festival, Ostrava, Czech Republic