Scottish neo-folk band Randolph's Leap are on the brink of releasing their debut EP Battleships & Kettle Chips. Recorded in 2009 at Glasgow's Green Door Studio, with producer Sam Smith supervising, the band is all over the place at times (especially the background vocals and the strings), with the aloof deliverance of lead singer Adam Ross trying to keep things together.
All the ramblings and mistakes aside, Battleships & Kettle Chips is a catchy debut that can turn some heads when it comes tumbling out of the speakers - lo-fi folk with lyrics brimming with wild lyrical imagery and a sense of humor. Randolph's Leap is a gate crasher that makes itself welcome.
Battleships & Kettle Chips is released on Olive Grove Records, a DIY label founded by by Halina Rifai, founder of Glasgow PodcART, and Lloyd Meredith from Scottish Music Blog Peenko. Release date: November 15.Tracks:
- Going Home
- As I Lie In The Mud
- Cassie O'Tone
- Back To Square One
- 11/07 The Lemon Tree with Remember Remember, Aberdeen
- 11/18 Free EP Launch at Captains Rest, Glasgow
- 12/04 The Arches (supporting The Concretes), Glasgow
- 12/22 Olive Grove Christmas Party, 13th Note, Glasgow
- 01/23 Celtic Connections - BMX Bandits 25th Anniversary at Oran Mor, Glasgow