Scottish band We Were Promised Jetpacks have decided to make a change of pace since their debut album These Four Walls. The five songs on their new EP The Last Place You'll Look are slow and melancholic, safe for the drums that sound definitely military, most notably on A Far Cry and Short Bursts.
The short instrumental The Walls Are Wearing Thin deserves an audience listening in rapt attention, that is if they can keep their mouths shot for a little under two minutes. If so, they are rewarded with the sole up tempo track on the EP: With The Benefit Of Hindsight.
Strings rule on closer This Is My House, This Is My Home, played over a soft piano and - yet again - a slow military drum beat.
The Last Place You'll Look is released on One Little Indian / FatCat Records. Release dates: March 30 (USA, /Canada), April 12 (UK, Europe, & Rest of World) Physical copies can already be obtained at the merch table at their live shows.Tracks:
- A Far Cry
- Shorts Bursts
- The Walls Are Wearing Thin
- With The Benefit Of Hindsight
- This Is My House, This Is My Home
- 04/16 La Fleche d'Or, Paris, France
- 04/18 Knust, Hamburg, Germany
- 04/20 Gleis 22, Muenster, Germany
- 04/21 Werkstatt, Cologne, Germany
- 04/22 Schlacthof, Wiesbaden, Germany
- 04/23 Beatpol, Dresden, Germany
- 04/24 Lido, Berlin, Germany
- 04/26 Melkweg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
HCTF review of These Four Walls.