Classic infused indie band 1090 Club are from Billings, Montana. That's smack in the middle of nowhere, which gave the members plenty of time to absorb the sounds coming out of their radios. Natural Selection is an album with heavy emphasis on the violin. All members share vocal duties and their voices bump into each other, which is on purpose (or should be).
They sound like an Indie update of Scottish band In-Tua-Nua. Careless listeners will write them off as a Decemberists ripp-off. 1090 Club don't have a bass player, which might have left the band with a hole in their sound. Not so - the violin adds power to the piano and drums, serving as an alternate rhythm section.
Sean Lynch: guitar, vocals
Megan Dibble: violin, vocals
Mike Galt: piano, vocals
Steve Serfazo: drums, vocals
Natural Selection is released on SideCho Records. Release date: March 24.Tracks:
- Off My Mind
- Things Inside
- 02/06 The Underground, Bozeman, MT
- 02/20 The Black Sheep,Colorado Springs, CO
- 02/21 The Hi Dive (w/ Appleseed Cast), Denver, CO
- 03/06 The Railyard (w/ Little Brazil, Ladyfinger), Billings, MT
- 03/07 The Other Side (w/ Little Brazil, Ladyfinger), Missoula, MT