The four track self-titled Plushgun EP was a pleasant surprise when it was released in August of this year. Brooklyn citizen Daniel Ingala, the musician behind this project, released a follow-up EP Dancing In A Minefield (just two songs and four remixes) testing the waters for the full-length Pins & Panzers.
Apparently Plushgun isn't very prolific. All the EP tracks are used for the album, so there are only six new songs on Pins & Panzers. On the upside: he knows how to write catchy tunes with meaningful lyrics, with A Crush To Pass The Time as the stand-out track.
Pins & Panzers will be released on Tommy Boy. Release date: February 17th, 2009.Tracks:
- Dancing In A Minefield
- How We Roll
- Just Impolite
- A Crush To Pass The Time
- The Dark In You
- Let Me Kiss You (And I'll Fade Away)
- Union Pool
- 14 Candles
- Without A Light
- An Aria
- 12/04 Paper @ Harper’s Ferry, Allston, Massachusetts
- 12/06 Toquet Hall, Westport, CT
- 12/07 Upstairs @ The Middle East (w/ Math The Band), Cambridge, Massachusetts
- 12/08 The Annex, New York, NY
- 12/28 The Crazy Donkey (w/ Andrew WK), Farmingdale, NY
HCTF review of the Plushgun EP.