March 21, 2008

Jewmongous: Taller Than Jesus

Jewmongous - Taller Than Jesus

Does humor belong in music? Hell yeah! Sean Altman's Jewmongous pokes fun at, well, everything, including Lennon's quip about The Beatles being bigger than Jesus.

If you don't think songs like My Pact with Satan (including a sidestep to Paradise by the Dashboard Light) are funny, you are reading the wrong blog:

I got Robert Johnson's biography
Got Rosemary's Baby on DVD
I saw Domingo sing Faust back in '83
So please Lucifer, take me over your knee
(...)
"What's it gonna be Satan?
Come on....I can wait all night
What's it gonna be, Satan, yes or no?
What's it gonna be, Satan, yes or ......?"

Taller Than Jesus ends with a great Klezmer take on I Wanna Be Sedated.

Tracks:
  1. What The Hell Is Simchas Torah?
  2. Today I Am A Man
  3. Be My Little Shabbos Goy
  4. Christian Baby Blood
  5. Jews For Jesus
  6. Blow, Murray, Blow!
  7. Long Tongue Shloime
  8. Another Inch
  9. They Tried To Kill Us (We Survived, Let's Eat)
  10. Taller Than Jesus
  11. My Pact With Satan
  12. Just Too Jew For You
  13. I Wanna Be Sedated

Taller Than Jesus is released on Chow Fun Records. Release date: April 20th (Passover). Buy it from CD Baby.

» jewmongous.com
» youtube.com/user/seanaltman

No comments:

Post a Comment